Our mission is to unite people and other resources to improve and strengthen the quality of life for all people in Shiawassee County.
Our vision is that the critical human service needs of all people in Shiawassee County are being met because of the collaborative leadership of our organization.
Shiawassee United Way will provide to the Shiawassee County Community a strong, viable, vibrant, and relevant organization.
Over the next several years, the Board of Directors and staff of Shiawassee United Way will endeavor to implement the organizationís mission, vision, and guiding principle with community level work as follows in the areas of Basic Needs, Income, Health, and Education.
- Serve as the lead agency to provide 2-1-1 services to all people in Shiawassee County
- Work diligently with the greater community to reduce hunger in Shiawassee County
- Provide community leadership in addressing housing stability and homelessness conditions
- Be a leader in addressing barriers to employment through collaborative community efforts
- Form strategic partnerships to make financial literacy classes available to the Shiawassee County community
- Work with other community partners to expand access to health and dental care
- Assist in reducing rates of obesity in Shiawassee County
- Engage in activities that increase high school graduation rates
- Provide opportunities for students to reduce barriers to their success
You're Invited !
WINE & APPETIZER EVENT
October 7, 2015
The member pantries of the Shiawassee Hunger Network and the Board of Directors of Shiawassee United Way wish to thank the community members and businesses who donated fair auction animals to the Shiawassee Hunger Network. There are not words to describe the appreciation felt by the local pantry volunteers who see weekly the devastation that hunger causes in the lives of so many who live in Shiawassee County.
A special thank you is in order for the Junior Livestock Association, the Small Animal Association, Shiawassee County Farm Bureau, and the Shiawassee County Fair Board of Directors whose cooperation made all of this possible. We also wish to highlight and thank Shiawassee County 4-H and Future Farmer of America clubs for their food drive done during the fair.
CONNECTED TO THE COMMUNITY RESOURCE DIRECTORY