Our mission is to unite people and other resources to improve and strengthen the quality of life for all people in Shiawassee County.
Our vision is that the critical human service needs of all people in Shiawassee County are being met because of the collaborative leadership of our organization.
Shiawassee United Way will provide to the Shiawassee County Community a strong, viable, vibrant, and relevant organization.
Over the next several years, the Board of Directors and staff of Shiawassee United Way will endeavor to implement the organizationís mission, vision, and guiding principle with community level work as follows in the areas of Basic Needs, Income, Health, and Education.
- Serve as the lead agency to provide 2-1-1 services to all people in Shiawassee County
- Work diligently with the greater community to reduce hunger in Shiawassee County
- Provide community leadership in addressing housing stability and homelessness conditions
- Be a leader in addressing barriers to employment through collaborative community efforts
- Form strategic partnerships to make financial literacy classes available to the Shiawassee County community
- Work with other community partners to expand access to health and dental care
- Assist in reducing rates of obesity in Shiawassee County
- Engage in activities that increase high school graduation rates
- Provide opportunities for students to reduce barriers to their success
The Shiawassee Hunger Network would like to thank all community members who purchased Meijer Simply Give cards in support of giving a "hand up" to all people in Shiawassee County who benefit from the Hunger Network.
People in our community continue to struggle every day to pay their bills and put food on their tables. Some are even forced to choose between the two, a heartbreaking decision that no one should have to make.
CONNECTED TO THE COMMUNITY RESOURCE DIRECTORY
To learn more about 2-1-1, click here