Our mission is to unite people and other resources to improve and strengthen the quality of life for all people in Shiawassee County.
Our vision is that the critical human service needs of all people in Shiawassee County are being met because of the collaborative leadership of our organization.
Shiawassee United Way will provide to the Shiawassee County Community a strong, viable, vibrant, and relevant organization.
Over the next several years, the Board of Directors and staff of Shiawassee United Way will endeavor to implement the organizationís mission, vision, and guiding principle with community level work as follows in the areas of Basic Needs, Income, Health, and Education.
- Serve as the lead agency to provide 2-1-1 services to all people in Shiawassee County
- Work diligently with the greater community to reduce hunger in Shiawassee County
- Provide community leadership in addressing housing stability and homelessness conditions
- Be a leader in addressing barriers to employment through collaborative community efforts
- Form strategic partnerships to make financial literacy classes available to the Shiawassee County community
- Work with other community partners to expand access to health and dental care
- Assist in reducing rates of obesity in Shiawassee County
- Engage in activities that increase high school graduation rates
- Provide opportunities for students to reduce barriers to their success
July 31, 2016 - September 24, 2016
Community members shopping at the Meijer store located at 2591 E. M-21 in Corunna purchase a $10 Simply Give donation card which is then converted to Meijer food-only gift cards and given to the Shiawassee Hunger Network. For every $10 Simply Give card purchased, Meijer will match that amount.
September 1 - 3, 2016
Double Match Days
For every $10 donation, Meijer will double their match.
CONNECTED TO THE COMMUNITY RESOURCE DIRECTORY
To learn more about 2-1-1, click here